THE GREAT SPEECH: WHAT MADE HIM PRESIDENT

THE GREAT SPEECH: WHAT MADE HIM PRESIDENT!

Barack Obama was totally unknown. People were saying I don't know who this guy is? Wonder why they picked him. He had interpretation as a bit of an upstart as sort of a young rising figure in the party but no one knew who this guy was. This was his chance to introduce himself to people!



THAT DAY! Let us see how he made his speech before people. How he introduced himself. And most importantly how this speech of Obama became the turning point in his life!!

And this is what MUST BE READ..

" Tonight is a particular honor to me because let's face it. My presence on this stage is pretty unlikely. My father was a foreign student born and raised in a small village in Kenya."

What makes a great political speech is if you can somehow fold your story into this larger America story the next thing he says is better as mother, family. His grandfather fought in World War 2, used the GI bill a settlement in Kansas so white people could say -huh oh ! he is just like us.

"My parents shared not only an improbable love. They shared an abiding faith in the possibilities of this nation. I stand here knowing that my story is part of the larger American story that I owe a debt to all of those who came before me and in no other country on earth is my story even possible."



Going into this speech we have had four years of George Bush and we felt as a country like we have grown further apart. War was very much a divisive partisan face Obama's speeches and in some ways an antidote to that.

"Alongside our famous individualism there is another ingredient in the American saga. A belief that we all are connected as one people. If there is child on on the south side of Chicago who can't read that matters to me even if it is not my child, if there is a senior citizen somewhere we can't pay for their prescription drugs and having to chose between the medicine and the rent that makes my life poor even it is not my grandparent. It is that fundamental belief. I am my brother's keeper, I am my sister's keeper that makes this country work, out of many one."
  
He gives a speech that priests ages. His entire political message of 2008 which is the serve post-partisan argument .

"Now even if we speak there are those who are preparing to divide us, the spin masters the negative ad peddlers who embraced the politics of anything goes well. I say to them tonight there is not a liberal America and a conservative America. There is the United States of America."

Obama was born with two great gifts with one is his mind and the other is his ability to speak to large groups of people. There are three things that Obama does that really makes that speech effective, he wants concrete the tale he likes story and he loves antithesis. The use of repetition in structure to show contrast there is not a liberal America or a conservative America.

"The pundits like to slice and dice our country in the red states and blue states but I have got news for them too we worship an Awesome God in the blue states and we don't like federal agents poking around in our libraries in the red states. We coach little lead in the blue states and yes we have got some gay friends in the red states we are one people all of us pledging allegiance to the Stars and Stripes all of us defending the United States of America."

The way he used his hands he actually pointed a lot does a lot of this a lot of that. In doing so he gives off this sens of energy I am new I am someone who is dynamic and he doesn't get so much anymore. He is little more solemn and reserved when is speeches today I think it is more reflective of his office.




"In the end, that is, what this election is about. Do we participate in a politics of cynicism or do we participate in a politics of hope. It is the hope of slaves sitting around the fire singing freedom songs, the hope of immigrants setting out for distant shores, the hope of a young naval lieutenant bravely patrolling the Mekong delta, the hope of a mill worker's son who dares to defy the odds, the hope of a skinny kid with a funny name who believes that the America has a place for him to go. Hope in the face of difficulty, hope in the face of uncertainty, the audacity of hope."

His appearance at that convention better than John Kerry's was electrifying and without it he wouldn't be President.

" I think sincerity means a lot there are people who when they speak that, they speak the truth as they see it and they are very effective doing that I believe this country will reclaim its promise and out of this long political darkness a brighter day will come."

THANK YOU VERY MUCH EVERYBODY!!

Comments