WELCOME: THE SPEAKING ASPIRANTS

 WELCOME: THE SPEAKING ASPIRANTS

HOW TO SET PROPER GOALS IN PUBLIC SPEAKING?

To study effectively, you need to know literally where to study. What points are you wasting your time for? Like learning the guitar- you sit and write the list:

1. I want to be the soul of the company.

2. I want to play an estas tone.

3. I want to earn money with a guitar, put together a music group and travel around the world winning hearts of the fans.


This collocation "I want..." is actually a goal but let me make a point. "I want to live on mars." Sure I could sign a contract with Elon Musk and join a team of brave hearted pioneers in Mars exploration. But the goal you set must be realizable. Of course, you can dream about mars, but the goal has to be more practical. For example "get a job at NASA company and strive to become an astronaut." THIS IS A GOAL.

However, come down on earth and think inside of the same box in terms of public speaking. Your goals could be like:

1. I want to perform on TEDx or an TEDtalks.

2. I want to be ready to protect my scientific article in front of well-known professors.

3. I want to be able to talk about anything anywhere.

I mean the goal "I want to become 2nd Winston Churchill" is more a dream but not the goal actually. THE GOAL MUST BE ACHIEVABLE.

NOE LET'S DO SOMETHING PRACTICAL:


1. Take a sheet of paper and write there 10 common troubles you have during your performances/communications with people. 

2. Think about all these issues and write a small solution on front of each issue.

3. Write 3 goals, which will resolve all these issues.

Now, here you have your own personalized goals list, which is ready for implementation. 

These tips have been gathered on a long research including the views of great public speakers, If you follow them up, you will definitely gonna master it soon.


Comments